adidas and Foot Locker today introduced the newest collection in the adidas Made For (AM4) series. The new concept is the first in the series of shoes, powered by adidas SPEEDFACTORY USA and Germany, in which the brands are elevating their partnership to create a revolutionary initiative that re-envisions the future of creativity and speed.
Beginning this month, adidas and Foot Locker will co-create consumer-inspired adidas Made For (AM4) shoes across the country at various local culture and sport moments throughout the year as part of an innovative go-to-market plan, where consumers and trends will help drive footwear creation.
The first adidas x Foot Locker, Inc. concept will come to life with the AM4ATL collection of running shoes and cleats. Celebrating the different heritages and cultures of the players that make up a team, the design features a tie dye graphic of unified colors and represents an artistic expression of creators uniting to come together as one. The limited-edition AM4ATL shoes and cleats will make their official debut on some of the best pro football players in the game the week of Jan. 21 in Orlando, Fla.
Data driven and digitally produced, the latest AM4 series takes the running shoe silhouette to the next level by optimizing fit, comfort, movement. Each AM4 features:
- PRECISE FIT- PROGRAMMED UPPER – Digital placement of fit patches provides precise and increased midfoot and heel lockdown; enabling speed, agility, and confidence.
- EFFORTLESS MOVEMENT- FLOATING TORSION BAR – adidas’ iconic Torsion system now floats inside the sole. Precisely balancing flexibility with stability for best heel to toe transition.
- DIRECT COMFORT- FUSED BONDING CONSTRUCTION – Precise digital bonding of the sole to upper eliminates glue. Giving you the most direct BOOST comfort.
- ENERGY RETURN- BOOST – BOOST is our most responsive cushioning ever. This AM4 glueless assembly gets athletes closer to the BOOST midsole; the more energy given, the more return.
- NFC ENABLED – Tap the tongue patch to unlock an exclusive digital experience, authenticate your shoe, identifying its unique number from the limited edition.
To help empower creative voices across the nation, SPEEDFACTORY uses a radically accelerated digital production process that can create limited runs of shoes with designs sourced from creators in local communities up to 36 times faster than industry standard production times.